By Megan Stringer
The X Factor tour tour is set to take over the M & S Bank Arena this Friday (March 1), with acts such as Scarlett Lee, Brendan Murray, Danny Tetley and winner Dalton Andre Harris performing.
However fans of local Scouser Anthony Russell will be sad to hear that he has dropped out for ‘personal circumstances’.
Many have speculated that the Liverpool lad has dropped out of the tour after a cleaner allegedly found suspicious looking small plastic bags in his hotel room at the weekend.
He posted this statement on his Instagram yesterday evening.
The 28-year-old previously entered the X Factor in 2017, however dropped out due to personal reasons, viewers learned that the Louis Tomlinson paid for him to go to rehab due to an addiction problem.
Fans took to Twitter to discuss the annoucement, with some only going to watch the show for ‘Tighto’. One said: “if Anthony Russell has pulled out from the tour can you get a refund?”
and another stating: “while the news is disappointing it is important that people realise that the man has an addiction, a deep need to escape reality. It’s not a choice. You have no idea how easy it is to fall back into the darkness. I hope & pray he gets the help & support he needs”.
An X Factor Tour spokesperson said: “Anthony has had to leave the tour for personal reasons. We would appreciate people respecting his privacy and wish him well for the future.”
Tickets for the show are still available, and can be bought through the arena website here.
Will you be going to watch The X Factor favourites perform tomorrow? Let us know in the comments!